Saturday, April 7, 2012

Please pray for the Lighthouse Baptist Church,that souls will be saved this Sunday.
Five conditions of prevailing prayer
by George Mueller
Entire dependence upon the merits and mediation
of the Lord Jesus Christ
as the only ground of any claim for blessing
"And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it." John 14:13-14
"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you." John 15:16
Separation from all known sin
"If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:" Psalm 66:18
Faith in God's Word of promise as confirmed by His oath
Not to believe Him is to make Him a liar and a perjurer
"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Hebrews 11:6
Asking in accordance with His will
Our motives must be Godly
"Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts." James 4:3
"And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:" 1 John 5:14
Importunity in supplication
There must be waiting on God
"And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me. And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:1-8
"Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain." James 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment